Become an Adviser
Join Our Team Today!
Application Opens: January 1, 2022
Initial Screenings: January 11th- February 18th
In-Person Interviews: February 21st- March 9th
Soft Offers & Background Checks: March 21st- April 25th
Onboarding: May 20th
Summer Training: July 5th- July 29th
Carolina College Advising Corps advisers work with North Carolina students in underserved schools and communities to help them identify potential colleges, complete college applications, identify potential scholarship opportunities, fill out financial aid forms and find the college or university that will best meet their academic and social needs.
As an adviser you will:
- Provide one-on-one admissions and financial-aid advice to any student or family seeking assistance
- Organize group events that encourage students and their families to consider, plan for, and apply to colleges and universities
- Establish productive working relationships with principals, counselors, and teachers in each assigned high school
- Participate in a four-week summer training to gain an understanding of college access learn smart practices, tips, and tools to support college-going initiatives to excite and engage students. Tentative Start Date: July 5, 2022.
- Living Allowance (A total of $24,000-$30,000 paid on a monthly basis throughout the term of service/prorated based on start date)
- Free Health Insurance
- Education Award (Members will receive $ 6,495 per year of service which can be credited towards loans from undergraduate education or held for future educational costs)
- Professional development opportunities
- An employee of the UNC Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Over 30 positions will be available during the 22-23 academic year. Our goal is to match advisers with schools in which they will thrive. Partners will participate in the selection process and candidates will acknowledge locations in which they believe they will perform well. Open positions will be acknowledged in middle February.